Tuesday 11 December 2007

It's only December, but...

I know I'm around three weeks early with this, but I've decided to outline my resolutions for the New Year.

1. Manage my money better. I received the grant from the Government for the first year of my college career, three payments of 2,000 euros, and somehow I've spend 1,700 of the first payment already. I really have no idea how, but I'm definitely watching what I spend from now on.

2. Keep on top of college work. It's a bit late for this semester (we finish on Friday), but next semester I'm definitely keeping up with the workload. Right now I've got a 2,000 word essay to do as well as four exams to study for, one of those exams I have no notes or materials to study so it's time to call in some favours!

3. Visit Europe. Anywhere in Europe, I just wanna get off this island in the summertime! I had plans to spend four months travelling across Europe, but a combination of financial constraints, a lack of enthusiasm among friends and time constraints, I'm reducing it to one month. It'll probably be a weekend in Prague by the time summer comes around!

4. Try and spend more time with family. Especially the older ones. They're not gonna be around forever.

5. Keep in touch with everyone. It's the worst feeling in the world to meet up with someone you haven't spoken to in months only to realise that you've become strangers.

Well, that's my five resolutions for 2008, I have no doubt that I will not stick to any of them and I will probably add to them by the time 2008 actually comes along. But it's nice to have goals, if only to fail in achieving them. What's your aims for '08? Lemme know!

No comments: