Monday 26 February 2007

Teenage Love

I've always wondered what adults think of teenage love. Clearly, I myself am a teenager and believe very much in teenage love, but I wonder if adults sometimes forget what their own teenage years were like? I realise things were a lot different for most parents in their teenage years, but surely the basic things were the same?

In my own personal experience teenage love happens quickly, you don't even realise it's happening until it's gone and your heart has been ripped out of your chest. Before I fell in love I was extremely cynical, for some reason I believed that you cannot fall in love as a teenager, that you haven't experienced enough to know what love really is. But then again, does anyone truly know how to define love? You only know it when you feel it, and when you feel it, nobody can judge whether you are in love or not.

For me, falling in love changed my complete outlook on life. I know that it may sound stupid and perhaps even ridiculous for an outsider reading this, but it did. I was extremely cynical before this, and when I fell in love everything changed. I should really point out that love wasn't returned, not how I wanted it to be returned anyway. And despite feeling extreme pain, my outlook is very optimistic. Perhaps too much so!

Anyway, I guess my point in this blog was to... I dunno, revive teenage memories for some adults who have forgotten what it was like. And to all those cynics out there, teenage love is very much a real thing - be warned, it could creep up on you, or your kids, at any moment. And it'll be the best thing you've ever experienced!

No comments: